Pada-kaustubha, manuscript 1
In the last six months
I travelled around ten states in India and collected a few thousand pages in
manuscripts, books, documents and reference materials. Among the major
acquisitions are different manuscript copies of Pada-kaustubha and
Laghu-siddhanta-kaustubha. I am also glad to announce the reappearance of Srila
Prabodhananda Sarasvati’s Viveka-shatakam. Although the focus of this project is
on the works of Srila Baladeva Vidyabhusana, I often come across several
unpublished and lost manuscripts of other Gaudiya Acharyas and feel compelled
to take care of them too.
1. Search for lost manuscripts. (Such as the commentaries on nine Upanisads, Srimad Bhagavatam, etc.)
2. Digitally preserve manuscripts currently existing in different libraries.
3. Digitally preserve all editions of Vidyabhusana’s books.
4. Digitally preserve articles written about Vidyabhusana.
5. Type all the original texts in digital unicode system, which can be converted into Devanagari, Bengali and Oriyan characters.
6. Prepare a critical edition for each work.
7. Translate all the works into English.
8. Publish all translations with the original Devanagari text.
9. Investigate and verify existent biographical data of Vidyabhusana, including historical evidences of the conflict between the Gaudiyas and the Ramanandis of Rajasthan.
10. Publish a comprehensive biographical work.
1. Travel in India (by train as far as possible): US 150 per month
2. Lodging boarding expenses during travel: US 250 per month
3. Photocopying, scanning, library charges: US 200 per month
Assistance in the following ways is also requested:
1. Contacting libraries and research institutes in India and abroad.
2. Locating and acquiring texts.
3. Typing devanagari and Bengali texts in transliterated Roman script.
4. Proofreading transliterated texts.
5. Editing and publishing.
For enquiries and donations, please click on the CONTACT link above.
Complete works of Baladeva Vidyabhusana:
1. Isopanisad; (Krishnadas Baba), (Sarasvata Gaudiya Mission), (Shyam Lal,3 comm.), (Bhaktivinoda)
Books wrongly attributed to BV:
Krsna-bhavanamrta-tika, (Krsnadeva Sarvabhauma)
To the present moment, the following donors have kindly contributed to this project:
1. A donor from South India gave a donation of US $90 in September, 2012, $220 in December, 2012, and $ 80 in January, 2014.
2. Jagannivasa Prabhu from Singapore contributed US $120 in January, 2013, $ 120 in April, 2013, $115 in July, 2013, and $230 in February, 2014.
3. Mahananda Prabhu from Bangalore contributed $110 in February, 2013, and $ 50 in January, 2014.
4. Suresh Prabhu from Bangalore contributed $ 90 in February, 2013, and $ 160 in January, 2014
5. An anonymous donor from Australia contributed US $280 in February, 2013.
6. Madhusudana Prabhu from UK contributed GBP 108 in April, 2013.
7. Govinda Prabhu from Hungary contributed US $ 50 in April, 2013.
8. Smt. Nalini Matu from Denmark contributed EUR 53,50 in May, 2013.
9. Krishna Karuna Prabhu from Denmark contributed EUR 268 in May, 2013.
10. Radha-ramana Prabhu from Australia contributed US $ 10 in June, 2013.
11. Gaura-bhavana Prabhu from Denmark contributed US $ 10 in July, 2013.
12. Rishikesh Prabhu from Coimbatore donated a camera at the cost of $ 110 in September, 2013.
14. Krishna Mohan Prabhu from USA contributed $ 150 in November, 2013.
VIDYABHUSANA PROJECT DIARY
Just came to know that everything is closed due a Muslim holiday.